This position may require you to dust, sweep, shovel, mop, and or operate a fire hose. This position requires the cleaning building and or offices. You may also be expected to properly use and maintain any machines that you may be trained on. You may also be expected to work in hot, wet, and or dirty environments. Winter months may require you to shovel snow and salt walkways. You will also be expected to follow any and all safety measures and report any unusual conditions to your superior.
Former janitorial or light industrial cleaning experience preferred but not required.
Position Type I Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Occasional evening and or weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Pay starts at $16 per hour.
Plant Cleaning Job Responsibilities:
- Receive and follow all direction
- Sweep out coal
- Run walk behind machines
- Mop edges
- Squeegee as needed
- Shovel as needed
- Pick up any and all trash you come across
- Pay very close attention to surroundings
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Clean out machines after use
- Be extremely aware of surroundings
Office job responsibilities:
- Clean windows and doors
- Check and take out trash
- Sweep and dust mop hall ways
- Mop hall ways
- Sweep and dust mop all other areas
- Mop all other areas
- Vacuum rugs
- Vacuum carpeted floors
- Sweep stairs Mop stairs
- Clean and sanitize locker room
Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
Must be able to walk distances up to % mile on a regular basis Must be able to lift, bend, twist, stand, walk, and pull.
- Element exposure including cold, hot, wet, and dirty.
- Attend Job Related Training as required.
- Performs other similar or related duties as necessary.
Note: Do not disclose your pay rate with any employees — this is important...