MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Directly supervise 20 - 25 manufacturing employees in the aerospace industry including CNC and Conventional Machining, and Inspection.
When required, overtime and weekend coverage to meet current business needs is expected.
This position sits in Warren, MI and will report to the Operations Manager.
• Follow and implement the manufacturing schedule according to production priorities and customer demand
• Analyze each work order/work scope, determines processes and tools required to perform the jobs and assign responsibilities to employees accordingly
• Coordinate tooling requirements with production, engineering and tool room. Assist in tool manufacturing process as required
• Evaluate production schedules, estimate work-hours required, and complete all jobs in time
• Set-up, operate and/or train operators for machine qualification, program prove-outs and process substantiation
• Coordinate with departmental manager, supervisors and cross-functional team members regarding required labor resources, shift coverage, employee development and training
• Root cause analysis of material non-conformances including machine, equipment and/or tool malfunctions
• Possess the ability to understand and interpret GD&T, blueprint drawings and technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form while dealing with several abstract and concrete variables
• Interpret operational data and report on manufacturing key performance indicators
• Ensure that manufacturing process and products meet customer requirements. Follow and enforce company Quality Management System, standard practices and procedures.
• Maintain 5S and manufacturing best practices
• Ensures adherence to applicable MB Aerospace internal, federal, state and local laws and regulations related to compliance and takes responsibility to ensure ongoing conformity with such rules and regulations
• 5+ years in a Manufacturing environment. Overall 10 years of relevant experience
• Having extensive knowledge of customer specifications and Aerospace standards is preferred
• Experience in leading Root Cause & Corrective Action projects and programs
• Must be proficient in the use of all gauges and inspection methods
• Experience leading and developing a quality organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
• Ability to read and interpret processes, procedures, and governmental regulations, write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and compliance agencies
• Ability to use technology effectively and efficiently to manage workload
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and ability to create documents, reports and briefing materials in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the USA
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 – 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other protected class. MB Aerospace is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us.
**NO THIRD-PARTY VENDORS**