Looking for an inspiring organization in which to thrive and feel appreciated?
Sanford Addiction Treatment Centers, located in the greater Grand Rapids area, is seeking a part-time and/or full-time Security Officer with a background in the mental health field.
What sets us apart?
Sanford Addiction Treatment Centers is a family owned and operated business unapologetically located in the Midwest, and our midwestern values are the key to our many successes. We offer a program unlike any other in the state. We are different in that our beautiful, historically renovated mansions offer a homelike setting in which people can begin the hard work of seeking recovery.
We believe that all men and women deserve to find the place from which they draw strength. In recovery, our clients are able to rekindle previous interests and develop new skills. We believe that there are many paths to recovery. And just as each client is unique, every recovery is unique. We want to encourage our clients to find their inner grit, rekindle interests, and engage their passion. Our goal is to prepare our clients for an inspired life in recovery. Won’t you help us in this mission?
Our employees are the heart of our business. We offer a welcoming and supportive environment in which to further your career, as well as competitive benefits. We have assembled a group of talented and credentialed professionals to create an unmatched team for which to join. We are inspired by them every day and trust that you will be too.
Role and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and analyzing CCTV
- Conducting interior and exterior checks of property
- Monitor and respond to various alarms
- Respond to emergency situations
- De-escalation of incidents
- Documentation of incidents
- Personal interaction with clients and staff
- Assist with facilities maintenance, able to lift 75 lbs
- Client escort and transportation
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- CPR/1st Aid/AED certification
- Excellent communication skills, self motivated, organizational skills, critical thinking and good decision making abilities
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Knowledge of substance use disorder, mental health illnesses and the recovery modality is preferred
- Law Enforcement/first responder experience preferred
- Criminal background check required
Sanford House is a 24-hour residential setting. Flexible schedules and benefits are available.
Please visit the website at https://sanfordhousegr.com to learn more about us and see our facilities!
Job Type: Part-time/Full-Time depending on availability
A comprehensive benefit package is available for full-time staff members.
Pay: $15 to $16 per hour depending on experience.
Sanford Addiction Treatment Centers is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by Federal, State or local laws.