The Jr. IT Tech primary focus may be in the areas of computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), helpdesk, and data management. Performs a variety of moderately complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the operation of computer equipment, software and diagnostic tools to perform a broad range of customers assistance, production job processing, equipment maintenance and repair and computer operations assignments.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves users problems with computer software and hardware.
- Assist in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level
- Fields support calls, chat, email, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding software programming, connectivity, printing, and similar concerns.
- Consults with users to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve the problem.
- Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems.
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and printers) which may include use of diagnostic tools and software and/or following verbal instructions.
- Collaborates to research and resolve problems.
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Communicate with other departments as necessary
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Adhere to all company rules and policies
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor