The process development engineer position develops new processes and works on current processes to optimize efficient process flow, reduce process or product variability, improve process capability and improve employee safety.
Work to develop, verify, and validate products from process development to a successful product/process production release.
- Provide quality/engineering support to APQP Launch team. Review customer prints to identify tooling and quality requirements for feasibility. Interprets engineering drawings, diagrams and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Follow all new launch parts through APQP Phase into production working with the production team in the development of the process design. Develop set up and or inspection instructions as needed to optimize an efficient process flow and to reduce process variability and improve process capability.
- Manage validation process for Fixtures and Tooling including all documentation as required. Assign to Quality Tech to support process as needed. Ultimate responsibility for process falls on this position.
- Perform training for production employees on new processes or parts as required.
- Perform training and guidance to Quality Technicians.
- Examines material or product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds. Compares product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly. Verifies specified dimensions of product or material.
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve efficiency.
- Participate in process improvement projects to improve product quality, decrease cost, and improve product performance.
- Determine process capability for developed processes.
- Ensure that process techniques are in alignment with Paumac QMS Goals and quality policy.
- Manage calibration system. Perform calibrations as per schedule. Enter calibration results into the QMS gage module including records of results. Maintain cleanliness of Lab and Equipment. Manage and Maintain Records for 3rd Party Calibrations/Certifications. Assign Quality Tech to support process as needed. Ultimate responsibility for process falls on this position.
- New part, process change part validation, dimensional inspections on CMM/PC DMIS. Assign Quality Tech to support process as needed. Ultimate responsibility for process falls on this position.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance and mechanical characteristics.
- Performs Quality Audits of the Production Products/Process as required and provides reports of results to the Management Team.
- Operates any diagnostic equipment needed to perform job.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Communicate with other departments as necessary.
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Adhere to all company rules and policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key performance metrics: Quote vs Actual, Internal and External PPP, Continuous Improvement, Training completion, calibration on time, PPAP on Time, Tooling/Fixture validations