Position: 10-24 hours/week Part-time, Weekend & Evenings required on a rotating schedule
Reporting to: Food Club Manager
Benefits: Part-time positions do not qualify for our benefits package.
Food Club Associates are primarily responsible for leading volunteers, ensuring efficient and effective operations, maintaining clean and organized food areas, and providing excellent customer service during member shopping hours.
*English fluency and proficiency in spoken Spanish required.*
Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Provide outstanding customer service during Food Club shopping hours.
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to ensure highest member service.
- Organize food and supplies for an efficient and effective member shopping experience.
- Ensure the work area is clean and organized for volunteer and staff use.
- Coordinate tasks and oversee daily volunteer shifts, and assist with new volunteer orientations.
- Unload food delivery trucks and other donations, and ensure food is properly stored in a timely and food safe manner
- Maintain inventory, FIFO and proper food handling when receiving products.
- Oversee volunteer use of the Point of Sale system.
- Identify opportunities and take steps to improve the member and volunteer experiences.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources to help connect guests to other programs and services.
- Weekly deep cleaning of work areas.
- Assist the Food Club Manager with unscheduled and unanticipated tasks as they arise.
- Integrity, positive attitude, and self-directed, with a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Passion or experience working to promote healthy food access.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize guest experience.
- Proficiency in Google Workplace, and ability to use an Inventory and POS system.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks without direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of food safety, FIFO procedures and safe food handling.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of client systems and the greater Holland community.