Responsible for ensuring quality parts are produced and/or assembled by conducting visual inspection and gage inspection of parts produced by a welder, press, mill or other production process while meeting production rates or efficiency requirements.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform production and/or assembly of parts in a safe manner adhering to all Safety policies.
- Continue the production of parts through the operations required of a welding, press, mill or assembling process.
- Distinguish and correct as needed the quality of a welded, milled, pressed or assembled part.
- Pack parts into various containers as specified by a standard.
- Perform required Plex functions including: creation/printing of tags, production recording etc.
- Adhere to and maintain 5S and LEAN Manufacturing standards.
- Function as a member of a work team by contributing and initiating quality, safety and productivity ideas.
- Train co-workers on manufacturing skills as required.
- Communicate appropriately to avoid unplanned downtime, inform other shifts of problems, trends, etc.
- Inform the leader of maintenance needs.
- Additional functions, not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.