Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring that all manufacturing requirements relating to Safety, Quality and Delivery are met. This includes key performance measures relating to production.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
* Manage the daily production function within a plant for a single production line or specific area for one shift.
* Support and track progress against Shape's operational KPIs, e.g., safety, quality, delivery, and waste.
* Promote Shape's core values and systems.
* Faciliate general problem solving activities with the intent of determining corrective and preventive actions.
* Manage development, training and implementation of standardized work within APTs.
* Ensure verstatily process is being followed in APTs
* Champion continuous improvement activities and mentor team leaders in the use of lean philosophy and tools.
* Set direction for respective production area and hold individuals accountable to performance standards and expectations.
* Conduct timely and complete performance evaluations of direct associates, as well as those reporting under your indirect supervision.
* Assess subordinates skill sets, current and future development needs and take steps to mentor and develop them appropriately.
* Manage staffing for respective area to meet ongoing production requirements and proactively escalate staffing shortages/surpluses.
* Conduct Pre-shift meetings to communicate company news, review safety and quality issues, address questions, etc.
* Participate in one APT top5 daily and give feedback to team leader on Top5 performance
* Review production results and respond to any customer issues or equipment stoppages / problems.
* Execute routine inspection of the production area to review status of safety and quality compliance.
* Coordinate communication / documentation between shifts.
* Coordinate any repairs with maintenance.
* Identify and train a back-up(s) to manage key tasks when absent.
* Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the leader.