At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation!
The in-vehicle security section is directly engaged in developing end-to-end cybersecurity solutions on various vehicle components and features. The candidate selected for this position will play a key role on developing and delivery of secure global connected applications and features.
What you'll be able to do:
• Development of security specifications and tools as needed for connected vehicle features
• Assist with architecture process creation and product development security program creation
• Support major product programs with security needs
• Collaborate on Advanced Engineering projects with outside partners in academia, government, or internal Ford teams
• Assist Product Development in proof-of-concept projects with new features and technology related to security
• Respond to security events as they arise from operational programs
• Development of design validation methodologies (DVM) for module features to hand off for testing teams
The minimum requirements we seek:
• 5+ years of experience in a Cyber Security position
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or comparable experience
• 2+ years of programming experience with one of the following tools (e.g. C/C++, C#, Python, Lua, Qt, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience with embedded Windows/QNX/Linux or with microcontrollers for control systems
Our preferred requirements:
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently, take follow-up on project deliverables, go above and beyond the task at hand
• Familiarity with general IT or Product Security and Architecture Concepts, processes and methods
• Understanding of architecture, development, design principals
• Understanding and experience in embedded and/or automotive systems
• Work well in a small team and be flexible enough to work on any aspect of the project as needed
• Ability to develop and maintain user documentation
• Familiarity with Threat Modeling
• Familiarity with in-vehicle network architecture, modules and protocols (e.g. CAN, etc.)
• Electrical or System Engineering background will be a plus for module-related work
• 3+ years' of experience in Mobile Phone Application Programming, Bluetooth, Networking familiarity
• 3+ years' of experience in penetration testing and tools experience
• PKI experience on medium to large deployments
What you will receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that
includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You
will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition!
If you have the work ethic to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's benefits and compensation, click
here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2023-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf (https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf)
Requisition ID : 12781