The CNC Machine Operator utilizes CNC Machines to produce parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machines, cycles machines and detects malfunctions in machines, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Setup and operate tools and machinery in accordance with operating procedures and safety protocols
- Operates one or more machines during a shift
- Properly load and unload parts in CNC machines
- Inspect parts using a variety of tools, including calipers and gauges
- Follow computer instructions and quality guidelines
- Follow all safety procedures and practices
- Meet production rates
- Operate equipment and produce parts in accordance with ISO 9001 standards.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn how to run CNC machines
- Ability to operate more than one machine during a shift when necessary
- Must be able to read and comprehend work instructions
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to pass a background investigation, including but not limited to nationwide criminal record search, and other relevant background information deemed necessary by RSI
- High School diploma or two years of experience in CNC Operation
- Prior work experience in an ISO 9001 certified facility
- Lift up to 25 lb frequently, up to 40 lb rarely
- Push and pull up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Stand/walk for the duration of 10-hour work shifts
- Kneel, bend, crouch, reach and stretch frequently
- Fine manipulation frequently
- Gross manipulation frequently
- Able to read and follow computer instructions and images
- Clearly see fine details while inspecting parts, tools, and gauges
- Hear alerts and alarms emitted by machines
This position may require travel up to 5% of the time
This is a full time hourly position
Relocation expenses are not provided
Veteran Hiring & Native American Preferences will be applied in accordance with RSI policy.
RSI Manufacturing is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.