What you'll do:
As a key member of the Vehicle Group's leadership team the Chief Technology Officer, Vice President of Engineering (CTO Vehicle) is responsible for leading the 200+ person global engineering organization, managing and driving the technology roadmap and pushing the boundaries of innovation. This is a highly visible and strategic leadership role with dual reporting to the President of the Vehicle Group and, functionally, to the Senior Vice President Strategic Planning and Chief Technology Officer for the Industrial Sector. The CTO Vehicle will lead all aspects of strategic planning and communication for the engineering function ensuring leadership and organizational alignment across all aspects of product architecture decisions. As such, they are accountable for achieving measurable goals and driving the creation/delivery of new products, leading operating reviews and managing the Safety and Warranty counsels. In this role you will also:
• Lead and build organizational capability, identify new spaces and ways to improve and enrich our product offerings.
• Innovate and lead technical programs from conceptualization to commercialization.
• Act as a key partner in building and maintaining customer relationships, providing deep knowledge, and understanding of the market and relevant applications in the commercial and/or passenger vehicle industry.
• Lead and drive the success of a global team in a highly matrixed environment.
• Develop followership and connect leadership and employees to the technology vision.
• Through methodical measures, achieve Engineering Functional Excellence, and best-in-class performance, by driving continuous improvement initiatives in all facets of the engineering function.
• Lead and develop a best-in-class team.
• As an industry expert, monitor regulatory changes and leverage government funding in resource planning.
• Lead key customer relationships in the commercial and/or passenger vehicle industry.
• Drive a strong linkage and collaboration between design and manufacturing.
• 20+ years of broad-based technology and engineering experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
• 10+ years of commercial focused experience, leading the technology roadmap of a billion+ revenue business in the automotive space
• Experience leading engineering organizations of 200+ professionals in premier, global, and highly matrixed automotive industry focused environments where businesses (or groups) within the same company collaborate to deliver products to customers.
• Experience with connected systems development
• Cross-functional engineering experience: launch execution, innovation, CoE and/or research lab
• System level knowledge of passenger car, commercial vehicle, mechanical and electrical systems
• Experience in component and system-level applications in vehicle electrification
• Experience working across functions to interface with other parts of the company and identify and leverage non-automotive technology for vehicle applications
• Experience with digital product development - automation, integration, virtual twins, digital validation, performance measurement
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• High power electronics
• Controls and functional safety
• Multi Industry Experience
• MBA or master's degree in Engineering