We are a private medical practice that specializes in pulmonary and sleep medicine.
This job requires an individual to professionally and courteously greet patients by phone and provide assistance in scheduling appointments, patient registration, insurance verification.
Primarily sets new patient appointments.
Optimizes patients' satisfaction by correctly scheduling and creating appointments within the EMR with correct appointment type and times available, and obtaining necessary information pertaining to the patent's insurances and medical records.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Schedules appointments and registers patients, ensuring that all demographic information is current.
- Answers non-medical questions and gives routine non-medical instructions.
- Answers and screens telephone calls to obtain information to make new patient appointments.
- Collects, verifies, and enters into the billing system all insurance and third party resources for payment.
- Monitor incoming phone calls and forwarding to appropriate personnel/call routing.
- Answering telephones- high volume.
- Contributes to team effort by working with other employees to maintain a successful clinic and functional office daily.
Familiar with participating insurances and appropriately assigning placement (Primary, Secondary, etc.) within the chart, recognizing which insurances require referrals prior to the appointment.
- Verify insurance eligibility
- Verify insurance benefits...
An upbeat personality
Ability to work in a team environment
Personable & professional phone demeanor
Pay close attention to detail
Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
Adequate keyboard skills
Customer service experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills Education/Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of two years experience in a medical practice. Knowledge of pulmonary or sleep medicine is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to communicate clearly. Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to be a team player. Support and assist staff. Be available to help, and learn from the team. Keep an open mind to feedback, and earn trust of staff and providers.
Medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, company paid life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and 401K
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Starting from $16.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday only
Location: Shelby Township, MI (required)
How to apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org