GENERAL PURPOSE: Set up, operate, and maintain a multi color Flexographic press including Comco's, Mark Andy's, and Webtrons, using UV water-based inks. Manage all aspects of press performance including productivity, quality, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
· Pulls job tickets and verifies stock, inks, and dies are available and used as specified.
· Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
· Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, die outline, stock, and special instructions.
· Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock, die, and plates.
· Sets impressions and registers print-to-print and print-to-die.
· Completes all start-up checks, verifies scan ability of bar code, and gets start approval.
· Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
· Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
· Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
· Performs general maintenance to press.
· Follows 6S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Must have two years' press operator experience.
· Must have basic personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing.
· Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
· Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
· Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
· Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
· Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Must pass color vision test.
· Must pass color hue test.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create and maintain a diverse workforce where everyone feels valued, respected, and included. WestRock does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.