Material handler performs material management functions that provide and verify parts that design and build custom modifications for commercial HVAC equipment. This position is required to work closely with the materials team, production technicians, and with the administrative team in order to improve productivity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
· Responsible for picking parts and delivering to the Job station.
· Performs materials research to help meet Production and Material team needs.
· Performs material management functions – cycle counts, reviews, adjustments, replenishments, and investigations.
· Assist with S&R operations – inbound and outbound support with materials.
· Learns the business system software quickly to effectively and accurately handle receiving, floor stock and requisitions.
· Carries out all duties with exceptional attention to detail for the sake of customer service and process integrity including accurate inventory management.
· Supports process improvement initiatives / LEAN manufacturing changes
· Support PFEP documentation.
· Communicates effectively with other team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues, and information needs.
· Assists with general office and shop work including 5S, as needed.
· Safely drives material handling equipment.
· Attends and participates in team meetings and technical training classes when requested.
· Works as an effective member of a small team of material handling technicians and larger group of engineers, production technicians, and office professionals.
· Submits accurate, timely reports as required.
· Performs work duties in compliance with all company safety policies.
· Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal work hours/weekends when needed.
· Flexibility to occasionally work in other company departments when needed..
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma required
Technical school, training, or degree in a related field preferred
Training in manufacturing or LEAN techniques.
Working knowledge of computers, and programs, such as: MS Office and JobBOSS.
Familiarity with mechanical contracting, Energy Management Systems, HVACR Systems and/or Temperature Controls a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License, Hi-low License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, and effectively communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works both in a typical office environment and in a typical factory/warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may occasionally be loud.