- The Material Handler under general supervision, distributes either production or non - production items and materials to various locations throughout the plant. Materials may consist of purchased parts, in process parts, or finished goods.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Responsible for receiving, staging, shipping HVAC equipment and materials
- Receive equipment/product and properly offload and prepare for staging using gantry system or hilo as appropriate
- Check for visible damage and defects and take appropriate steps to record if damage is found
- Attention to detail, properly labelling equipment
- Prepare equipment for shipment ensuring safe transport
- Complete outbound paperwork with driver and take pictures
- Maintain unit location map for both east and west ends of the facility for all activities listed above
- Maintains the required paperwork and documentation of all parts and materials moved in accordance with the specified procedures.
- Ensures work areas and other designated work areas are maintained in a safe and neat manner.
- Assists with the training and instruction of new employees who may be assigned to this area.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Provide guidance while ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
- Stocking and arranging of product to ensure warehouse turns of inventory.
- Responsible for supporting the manufacturing process by receiving and transporting components to the manufacturing floor in accordance with predetermined safety, quality, method and sequence standards.
- Empty shop trash and recycle bins daily
- Sweep, clean, 5S as necessary
- Promotes Diversity and Inclusion to achieve business results.
- Continuously seeks out opportunities for own development.
- Participates in different team and community involvement activities.
- Recognizes others for job well-done.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months to one year warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Current fork lift certification in the State of Michigan or willingness to become certified preferred.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to follow through on commitments and details.
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skill.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Proven team player.
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
In region where commercial motor vehicle is used, a Commercial Driver’s License is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and effectively communicate with others - talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting above 50 pounds should be done mechanically.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical parts warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. If working in the warehouse, employee is occasionally exposed to fumes from forklift. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.