THIS PART TIME ROLE MAY FIT IN YOUR SCHEDULE. CHECK US OUT!
We are seeking an experienced LEAD RESIDENT ASSISTANT / MED PASS to work AFTERNOONS providing hands-on care and assistance to our precious residents, including but not limited to moving/lifting/transferring, personal hygiene and grooming etc. In addition, this LEAD RA will be responsible for passing medications to residents in a timely and accurate manner. We are seeking a compassionate, experienced, reliable caregiver to join our team at The Woods, our dementia capable care assisted living of Senior Living Grand Rapids.
Welcome to Samaritas Nation!
Samaritas is a Michigan-based human service organization that connects people with families and communities, empowers them to live their fullest life possible, and creates a ripple effect of transformation. The reference to the work of the Good Samaritan in our name is especially fitting as it is consistent with our mission, values and the services our faith-based company provides.
APPLY TODAY! #BeTheRock, creating ripples of positive transformation in the lives of those we are entrusted to serve!
Serves in a lead role with assisting residents in daily living and health support in accordance with their individual program plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on care and assistance to residents, including but not limited to moving/lifting/transferring, bathing, personal hygiene and grooming, laundry and mealtime assistance. Inform Nurse/Manager of individual health care concerns or changes in resident's condition. Respond to call system promptly.
- Monitor residents' health according to service plan by passing medications, monitoring vital signs and blood sugar, administering insulin, and collecting specimens as needed. Advise families when medications are needed.
- Assist residents with activities in daily living, including but not limited to household tasks, communication skills, and activities in the community.
- Assist in development of individuals' social and recreational interests and skills through appropriate modeling and supportive and/or programmed activities.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Assist residents in maintaining a clean and tidy environment, including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, and mopping resident rooms; cleaning, washing, sanitizing, and polishing bathroom fixtures; and mopping up spills as they occur in assigned areas. Evaluate resident rooms and public areas for safety and report concerns to housekeeper.
- Monitor and request orders for medical and office supplies.
- Assist with serving meals in dining room as needed.
- Serve as a mentor to Resident Assistants. Provide initial and ongoing training as required.
- Assist with staff scheduling.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Additional training or college courses in nursing or health care preferred.
- One year experience as a Resident Aide in an assisted living or nursing facility or Certified as a Nursing Assistant.