BONUS OFFERED FOR FULL TIME HIRES $4,000
** NEW WAGES ** $15.50 PER HOUR!!
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? WE ARE SEEKING A FULL TIME TEAM MEMBER to join our awesome environmental services team assuring that our Senior Living Grand Rapids Community is maintained in a clean, safe manner by performing laundry and general housekeeping tasks as needed. Hours are from 7am - 6pm, 40 hours per week. Our team does work a weekend rotation so that our amazing residents have continuity in services and have a clean & welcoming home. Please know there can be some flexibility as to when a shift begins and ends, as long as the 8 hours is covered each day. Check us out!
Samaritas is a Michigan-based human service organization that connects people with families and communities, empowers them to live their fullest life possible, and creates a ripple effect of transformation. The reference to the work of the Good Samaritan in our name is especially fitting as it is consistent with our mission, values and the services our faith-based company provides.
APPLY TODAY! #BeTheRock, creating ripples of positive transformation in the lives of those we are entrusted to serve!
Assures that the community is maintained in a clean, safe, manner by performing general housekeeping, janitorial and laundry tasks as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean, wash, sanitize and polish items in residents rooms/apartments, common areas, shower and bathrooms, and hallways as assigned by supervisor
- Vacuum, mop, spot clean, and wipe spills on floors, floor mats, counters and other areas in resident apartments/rooms and public areas as needed or directed
- Empty waste containers and dispose of refuse properly
- Maintain proper supply levels for paper supplies, soap, garbage bags, and other supplies
- Clean vacant rooms and utility rooms as assigned
- Evaluate resident’s rooms/apartments/public areas and equipment for safety and report concerns to supervisor
- May be required to perform functions of laundry aide
- Perform floor care maintenance including cleaning of carpeted and hard floor surfaces throughout communities
- Assist with orientation and training of new department teammates. Below also applies to team working in Licensed Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Communities
- Collect soiled linen, garments, and items from designated area
- Sort soiled linen, garments, and items and separate items that require special stain removal/treatment
- Wash and dry linen, garments, and other items
- Press/iron garments as instructed
- Fold, count, stack, hang and distribute clean laundry, linen, garments to residents or as directed
- Ensure resident garments are labeled
- Maintain laundry room cleanliness by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing as needed
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a housekeeping capacity preferred