*Position has a vaccine requirement listed in the description details*
Do you have Associate’s or Bachelors degree in human services or related field, or high school diploma/equivalent and 60 college credits or equivalent combination of education and work experience?
This position will provide support and assistance to three main positions assigned to the UC programs: Medical Coordinator; Intake/Discharge Coordinator and Nutrition and Food Coordinator. This may include coordination of services for medical billing and appointments, completing tasks involved in the intake and discharge process, covering responsibilities for other positions as assigned by the leadership team. Responsibility may also include providing transportation youth in the program.
Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
Annual Salary: $43,680.00 Spanish Bilingual $47,840.00 , Benefit Eligible
Schedule: This is a full time opening with general hours of 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m some extended on call hours are required,some weekends & some holidays are a requirement.
Assists in providing a variety of culturally relevant, bi-lingual, non-professional auxiliary services for children and families in support of case related goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge of and provide non-professional auxiliary services and assistance to clients, under the direction of social worker and casework supervisor in accordance with applicable contractual, regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Provide transportation for foster children to and from medical appointments, during placement or replacement, and with social worker to clinics, other agencies, etc.
- Supervise children during appointments either at home, in offices, or at other appropriate sites.
- Maintain a resource file and become acquainted with the procedures and operations of various medical and/or educational facilities in the community, which provide services for children.
- Observe and document activity related to the child and foster parents; report observations to social worker with case responsibility.
- Develops and maintains complete progress notes for assigned cases utilizing computerized software.
- Obtain reports (e.g. court reports, school reports, birth records, etc.) and resource information from other agencies on behalf of social worker as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist the social worker with case assessments pertinent to development of casework plan.
- Assist the licensing social worker with home evaluations, renewals and training activities.
- Handle post-foster care inquiries in accordance with agency policy and practices.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Associate’s degree in human services or related field, or high school diploma/equivalent and 60 college credits or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or related field preferred.
- One year experience in child welfare or refugee resettlement program preferred.
- Valid unrestricted driver’s license with good driving record with reliable transportation suitable to transport person served. Proof of current automobile registration and insurance.
- Extended hours may be required.