*Position has a vaccine requirement listed in the description details*
Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human service field and enjoy working with youth and families?
We have a newly-vacant, full time opportunity at our Grand Rapids location. Welcome to Samaritas Nation!
Annual Salary $45,760.00 & Bilingual $49,920.00
Schedule- Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m , Rotating On Call and Holidays required
As?a Refugee Case Manager, you will be responsible for providing casework and supportive services to children in foster care, which includes facilitating any family members identified or referred for potential sponsorship and assisting with sponsorship applications as needed.? In addition to casework and supportive services, you will also be responsible for communicating with stakeholders in an effective and timely manner to ensure case continuity.?This position is expected to function effectively with moderate supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, state, and federal regulatory requirements.?
APPLY TODAY! #BeTheRock, creating ripples of positive transformation in the lives of those we are entrusted to serve!
Provides social work and case management services for assigned cases, in accordance with all applicable contractual and regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume primary responsibility for all cases on assigned caseload. Provide a range of case management, including social casework, engagement, mentoring, and community referral
- Collect, assess and document appropriate data and client progress. Assume responsibility for and complete documentation, reports, statistics, and assignments within required time frames and as required
- Work collaboratively with referral sources, agencies, institutions and individuals who have pertinent roles in client’s life situation
- Prepare for and attend all scheduled court hearings on assigned caseload
- Take primary responsibility for intake and initial placement services for all newly referred cases.
- Coordinate placement arrangements with caregivers, including transportation of children as needed
- Provide more intensive supportive casework services to child, birth family, and caregiver during initial placement and replacement
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related human service field
- Licensed by the State of Michigan preferred
- One year experience in child welfare, preferred
- Participate in a system of 24 hour availability to clients, foster and adoptive parents, as required
- Unrestricted valid driver’s license with good driving record. Reliable personal transportation suitable for safely transporting persons served; proof of current automobile insurance