*Position has a vaccine requirement listed in the description details*
Do you have a high school diploma or GED? Do you have Experience working with medical providers and billing?
We have a new full time opportunity at our Grand Rapids, Mi center. Welcome to Samaritas Nation!
Provide coordination of services for medical billing and appointments. Supply medical operations training to staff. Additionally, apply knowledge, judgment, and skills to assist with new youth admissions to the program. Samaritas?provides services to youth who have traveled to the US for safety apart from their family or guardians.??These youth are given status in the United States as Unaccompanied Children (UC). The children you will be?teaching will come from diverse and oftentimes traumatic backgrounds and?are placed in a shelter setting or foster home where?Samaritas provides case management, therapy, and other supportive services.?
Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus but not required.
Annual Salary: $40,560.00 Spanish Bilingual $44,720.00 Benefit Eligible
Schedule: This is a full time Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
APPLY TODAY! #BeTheRock, creating ripples of positive transformation in the lives of those we are entrusted to serve!
Provide coordination of services for medical billing and appointments. Additionally, apply knowledge, judgment and skills to assist with new youth admissions to the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secure medical providers to provide treatment for youth using TAR (Treatment Authorization Referral) billing process. Educate medical providers on how to perform TAR billing.
- Act as a liaison between medical providers and the Office of Refugee Resettlement to settle billing issues and outstanding claims.
- Handle all issues related to medical billing for youth within required timeframes.
- Provide Treatment Authorization Referral assistance to team members and program staff including submitting questions, providing billing information to providers.
- Arrange medical appointments for initial physicals, follow-up visits, specialty appointments, and others in the timeframes required by contractor.
- Maintain billing records, and documentation of contracts with providers.
- Work with Division of Unaccompanied Children’s Services (DUCS) team to coordinate services, documentation, and appointments.
- Assist program staff to locate doctors, dentists, and other medical specialists that accept TAR Billing.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Billing and Coding Certification preferred.
- Experience working in a social service setting.
- Experience working with medical providers and billing preferred.