Who is Jireh Metal Products, Inc?
We are a minority-business based in Grandville, Michigan. The business consists of metal stamping and assembling metal parts for diverse product lines including office furniture, industrial hardware, safety, security, and automotive. We have grown our business for over 37 years by depending and investing in our team's knowledge and advanced skills.
We are looking for long-term, dedicated, full-time Metal Punch Press Operators to join our 3rd Shift team. Press Operators are at the core of the Jireh Metal production team. The goal of the Operator is the safe production of quality product through efficient machine operation, and effective troubleshooting to maximize overall equipment utilization. We are looking for individuals who are reliable and able to work with attention to detail and in a safe manner.
If you don’t have the experience, but are looking for long term employment, are willing to learn, and have great attendance habits, we encourage you to apply.
Hours: 2nd shift: 10:30p-7a (plus shift premium)
The starting pay for this position ranges from $16-20 per hour. The starting pay will depend on your work experience. Pay may be further adjusted higher after 90 days and during performance reviews season.
- Operate automatic presses and related equipment (press, straightener, feeder, stacker, Smart Pac, etc.).
- Assist set-up team with set up and die changes
- Perform coil changes and move material from the coil all the way through the die
- Use and understand quality control instruments (micrometers, calipers, etc.) and fixtures and record findings
- Stack or pack parts as needed
- Ensure qualify of parts produced
- Operate a forklift/hilo and overhead crane is preferred
- Perform other company related duties as assigned.
Want to learn more about us? See below and visit our website:jirehmetal.com
- Mechanically inclined
- Detailed oriented
- Must have basic computer skills (ability to perform fundamental tasks on a computer)
- 2+ years of press operating experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working in the metal industry (preferred)
- Knowledge of progressive die is preferred
- Reliable and dependable
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work overtime as needed
If you ask our employees why they love working at Jireh Metal Products, Inc. they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Within our benefits package; affordable medical, dental & vision insurance, company paid life insurance, short term disability (at no cost to you) long term disability, 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, free uniforms, vacation and flexible schedules.