By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced .Net Architect to join our team and take a leading role in the overall architecture and technical ownership of an internal gift management platform called Gift Management System (GMS). This application is vital to the mission of the American Red Cross and is at the center of the fundraising process. A successful candidate will play a key role in designing scalable and secure solutions working closely with Enterprise Data to meet the needs of our business. Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of developers, providing technical guidance, working with both offshore and onshore teams and ensuring that best practices are followed throughout the SDLC
WORK LOCATION & SCHEDULE: The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home anywhere in the USA and will need to work an East Coast schedule. (Core Working Hours 8:00am-5:00pm Eastern)
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
* Design and implement applications and solutions that integrate with enterprise data management systems, including data warehouses, data lakes, and data integration tools.
* Lead and mentor a team of developers to ensure that best practices are followed and high-quality code is produced.
* Define and enforce coding standards and best practices, and ensure that these standards are followed by the development team.
* Develop and communicate application design documentation intended for both business and technical audiences.
* Design user flows, platform architecture, software patterns, and data models to support current and long-term business needs.
* Design and develop proof-of-concepts, prototypes, reference architectures, and implementations as needed to support the technical planning of platform and business projects.
* Develop technical specifications and design documents that outline the architecture and design of .NET-based applications and solutions.
* Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and evaluate new tools and technologies for potential use in projects.
* Partner with other technical staff, platform leadership, business partners, as well as functional leads in areas such as Security, Privacy, IT Compliance, Business Intelligence, and Data Governance to ensure that FMTG's platform capabilities are meeting the needs and standards of diverse stakeholders.
* Collaborate with DevOps teams to ensure that applications and solutions are deployed and maintained in a secure and reliable manner.
* Work with operations engineers to troubleshoot and identify resolutions for user-reported issues.
PAY INFORMATION: The annual salary range for this position is $150K - $175K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. **We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location & experience.**
Scope: Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Apply subject matter knowledge. Capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
WHAT YOU NEED TO... For full info follow application link.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.