- The Maintenance Technician will have the ability to install, analyze, maintain, and repair all types of mechanical and electrical production equipment.
- They are responsible for the maintenance and repair of machinery and auxiliary equipment, as well as building special items to support multiple production lines.
- They will engage in the repair of tools, machinery, equipment, and repair and maintain machines.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain and repair equipment and tools as needed and per the PM schedule.
- Perform duties of both master electrician and master machine repairman classifications.
- Analyze information from work orders, verbal information, daily observations, manufacturer’s manuals, schematics, prints and other sources to maintain equipment to diagnose and correct malfunctions.
- Communicates consistently with internal customers regarding status of equipment.
- Advises supervisor of needs for outside services and works with service representatives on equipment and controls repair and installation.
- Prepares bills of material on jobs requiring major material use and initiates purchase requisitions.
- Makes day to day work-related decisions and prioritize needs to complete more urgent items first.
- Uses various material handling equipment such as hoists, carts, lifts, fork trucks and hand trucks in moving light to heavy weight material.
- Uses a variety of lock-out/tag-out devices as required per plant LOTO Plan.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Journeyman Electrician or Journeyman Machine Repair License (or 6+ years of experience in the Electrical/Machining trade).
- 5 years’ experience in Electrical/Machining maintenance environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma required or GED equivalent required.
- Degree in Maintenance Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with a wide range of mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrate competency in machine repair and electrical trades in a manufacturing environment.
- Comprehension of schematics/blueprints.
- Self-starter and motivated to maintain building/machines to 100% uptime via strong preventative activities.
- Trane Technologies Values and Core Competencies:
- Willingness to change, flex and learn
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal company and external associates, both written and orally, including the telephone.
- Mobility within the work facility.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Sit or stand for the majority of a normal workday.
- May need to be on your feet for extended periods around the facility.
- Wear proper PPE.
- Ability to reach with hand and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, as required to work with equipment.
- Work safely in all areas of responsibility.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.