Check out our NEW, higher starting pay for Cooker Operators 2-- Earn $21.35/hour to start!-- APPLY TODAY!
The Cooker Operator 2 is responsible for the operation of PLC to control the machinery. They must monitor pumps and grinders to ensure quality assurance.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Always conduct yourself in a safe and controlled manner.
* Blow grease lines as required.
* Clean up to include but not limited to shoveling the floor, hosing floors and machinery down, using wheelbarrows and PIT's.
* Operate the cooking process within selected parameters.
* Document plant operations per our GMP program.
* Notify shift manager of any issues or maintenance problems.
* Attendance at all safety meetings required.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Minimum two (2) years prior experience in a rendering facility or production environment required.
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Works well with others in a team environment.
* Dependable; reliable; ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
* Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Must be able to stand for 8 hours and work 12 hour shifts occasionally.
* Occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
* The ability to work 40-60 hours per week.
Must be able to work in a hot or cold environment (100 degrees F to 45 degrees F) - occasional outside work in all 4 seasons. Be able to handle odors associated with animal by-products.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster