Sigvaris is currently looking for a Sewing Operator I to join our team in Holland, MI. As a leading compression solution provider, we are not just a company that manufactures products. We are a global team on a mission to help people feel their best. Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, the Sewing Operator I is responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of sewing various garments.
• 1st: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have to work overtime, it will not be on a Sunday!
PAY PLUS BONUSES:
• $17.50 per hour with an increase every six months during the first year
• Opportunity to earn $100 Attendance Bonus payments per quarter.*
*Subject to Company's Attendance Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties and responsibilities are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Able to sew all products in work cell with minimal direction.
• Follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is efficient and safe as possible.
• Reads work orders or production schedules to determine specifications.
• Sets up, tests, and adjusts machines according to product specifications, using gauges and hand tools.
• Cuts fabrics using patterns or templates.
• Monitors machine operations to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
• Positions items under needles, using marks on machine clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
• Places spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, inserts bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
• Matches cloth pieces in correct sequence prior to sewing them, and verifies that dye lots and patterns match.
• Guides garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
• Examines completed work pieces for defects and sorts defective pieces according to types of flaws.
• Maintains, cleans, and lubricates machines.
• Complies with all OSHA and company safety rules.
• Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment.
o Interacts with external and internal customers in a timely manner conducive to continued positive relationships.
o Displays patience, courtesy and tact; demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others as necessary.
• Demonstrates effective communication methods.
o Production Supervisor and/or appropriate management staff are kept informed of developments affecting their functions.
o Responds quickly to all oral and written communications.
o Maintains and encourages an open line of communication with both internal and external customers.
• Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SIGVARIS policies, industry standards, ISO standards, and Federal, State and local laws.
• Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the SIGVARIS Quality System and Quality Policy.
• Accurately performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of one year of experience as an industrial sewer or machine operator.
This job involves moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment is low to moderate.
• Regularly required to sit.
• Occasionally required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, bend, lift or climb, use hands to finger, handle or feel; finger dexterity and hand coordination is required.
• Occasionally required to lift weights (less than 25 pounds).
• The ability to use hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble small and large objects is required.
• Specific vision abilities required for this include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
What We Offer You:
• Competitive salary with automatic increase every six months for the first year of employment
• Medical (Core Plan and High Deductible Plan)
• Health Spending Account (applies to High Deductible Plan)
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dental Plan
• Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
• Voluntary benefits include vision, term life insurance, accident, cancer and hospital confinement
• 401(k) with Company match (dollar for dollar 100% up to the first 5% of employee contributions to the plan)
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
Successful completion of background check and drug test will be required in advance of hire.
Sigvaris is an EOE.