Sigvaris is currently looking for Production Specialists to join our team in Holland, MI. As a leading compression solution provider, we are not just a company that manufactures products. We are a global team on a mission to help people feel their best. Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, the Production Specialist is responsible for cutting and automatically sewing products by using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures and equipment, and work instructions to perform a series of operations to correctly cut and automatically sew medical devices as well as the knitting/inspection and packaging of items.
• 1st: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. If you have to work overtime, it will not be on a Sunday!
PAY PLUS BONUSES:
• $16.75 per hour with an increase every six months during the first year
• Opportunity to earn $100 Attendance Bonus payments per quarter.*
*Subject to Company's Attendance Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties and responsibilities are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Cuts and automatic sews products by using a variety of hand and power tools, fixtures and equipment, and work instructions to perform a series of operations to correctly cut and automatically sew medical devices.
• Knitting/packing of manufactured items to include all components/labeling necessary for sale.
• Reports problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Production Supervisor.
• Works closely with support staff such as Technicians, Engineering, Production Supervisor, Materials/Warehouse to resolve issues.
• Complies with all OSHA and company safety rules.
• Fosters positive morale among staff, by promotion of open communication with all departments, to help create and maintain an innovative and cooperative staff relationship and environment.
o Interacts with external and internal customers in a timely manner conducive to continued positive relationships.
o Displays patience, courtesy and tact; demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others or in place of others as necessary.
• Demonstrates effective communication methods.
o Production Supervisor and/or appropriate management staff are kept informed of developments affecting their functions.
o Responds quickly to all oral and written communications.
o Maintains and encourages an open line of communication with both internal and external customers.
• Follows established company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SIGVARIS policies, industry standards, ISA standards, and Federal, State and local laws.
• Follows all work instructions, creates and maintains accurate records to meet all internal and external requirements to support the SIGVARIS Quality System and Quality Policy.
• Accurately performs any other duties and responsibilities as assigned to ensure an efficient workflow.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Prefer someone with some experience as an industrial sewer or machine operator.
This job involves moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment is low to moderate. Occasionally, exposed to both warm and cold air.
• Occasionally required to sit, walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, bend, lift or climb.
• Occasionally required to lift over 50 pounds.
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; finger dexterity and hand coordination is required.
• The ability to use hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble small and large objects is required.
• Specific vision abilities required for this include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.
What We Offer You:
• Competitive salary with automatic increase every six months for the first year of employment
• Medical (Core Plan and High Deductible Plan)
• Health Spending Account (applies to High Deductible Plan)
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dental Plan
• Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
• Voluntary benefits include vision, term life insurance, accident, cancer and hospital confinement
• 401(k) with Company match (dollar for dollar 100% up to the first 5% of employee contributions to the plan)
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
Successful completion of background check and drug test will be required in advance of hire.
Sigvaris is an EOE.