Position: Help-Line Team Member 3rd Shift
FTE: FT, Non-Exempt
Department/Location: Access Services Center
Wage: $17.24 hourly, which equals to $35,862.72 annual salary. Comprehensive benefits package
Additional Compensation: $2 shift differential, $2 weekend differential
Help-Line Team Member
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the behavioral health organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a Help-Line Team Member to provide telephone crisis de-escalation/interventions and direct calls for community partners and individuals seeking help.
The Network180 Access Center is the first step in receiving help. Our Access Center operates 24/7 including holidays for Crisis Services. When someone contacts Network 180, their first contact is the Access Line. You will assist with ensuring the caller is directed to the right department within network180 or the community. We are available 24/7 to respond to calls for information, services, or crisis-related needs. You will be trained in active listening and crisis de-escalation. You also will provide community resources, empathic listening, or connect callers to our Clinical Team.
This is a full-time position scheduled to work on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 8pm to 8am.
Job interviews are being conducted via the internet or in-person.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in a call center and/or customer service-related position
- Demonstrated proficiency in multitasking; defined by speaking on the phone, utilizing multiple computer applications, researching, and typing at the same time
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft products such as Word, Teams, and Outlook
- Experience with identifying and de-escalating customer issues with empathy and respect
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; including ability to communicate clearly and concisely in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively problem solve and resolve conflict
- Ability to handle volatile, triggering and emotional situations calmly and rationally when the situation presents
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and skills and capabilities of bridging language/cultural barriers to Network180 services within diverse communities
- Ability to adapt to change in product, processes, and last-minute updates with ease
- Experience in a social services not-for-profit agency preferred
- One year of experience working in a behavioral health field with ability to demonstrate crisis intervention skills
- Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Network180 is a drug and alcohol-free workplace, which includes the prohibition of medical and recreational marijuana use. Successful completion of a drug screen is part of our background check process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.