(Greenville, MI - 16 Positions!)
*All Camp Counselors will be required to spend the week at camp (overnight) with campers!
Position Optimist Summer Camp Counselor
Classification CC 01- 03 $359.77 /week 1st yr.,$379.01/week 2nd yr., & $405.06/week 3rd yr. + room & board.
Supervisor Camp Director
Essential Function of the Job
Under the direction of the Camp Director and Program Assistant, counselors are responsible for conducting camp activities, clean facilities, and ensuring health and safety of campers. Counselors are expected to stay overnight during training and while camp is in session. Counselors will work closely with campers that have disabilities or that come from at-risk situations.
Examples of Work
(Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in the position of this class.)
- Be responsible for assigned campers during camp program and activities.
- Maintain camp facilities while camp is in session.
- Assist in the setup, tear down, and clean up of camp facilities.
- Conduct camper program activities throughout the day.
- Attend In-Service Training and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements of Work
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing.
- Ability to relate in a positive manner with special needs children and adults.
- Ability to plan and conduct recreation activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- A satisfactory review of Criminal History Check and DHS Clearance.
Desirable Minimum Training and Experience
Some knowledge of the developmentally disabled population.