Responsible to build custom engineered HVAC equipment in a shop environment utilizing equipment construction skills and knowledge of all facets of sheet metal fabrication, structural welding, and assembly, understanding of structural and sheet metal welding and installation of major and minor assemblies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for designing, fabricating, and installing custom modifications on assigned projects.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, pictures, and verbal instructions to fabricate sheet metal parts, weld sheet metal, weld structural components and frames, install all major/ minor mechanical and structural components in cabinets of HVAC equipment.
- Preps and paints components to create a finished, professional product.
- Completes assembly and welding requirements on assigned projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Assists team members of other trades as needed; performs other trade work when needed.
- Prepares for assigned projects by examining project binders, consulting with the project manager and other technicians, trade team leaders and production shop supervisor, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating work, as necessary.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear and performing any needed periodic maintenance.
- Maintains work area in neat, clean, organized manner.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, quality check sheets, Traveler, and parts logs. Maintains project files. Forwards all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner to the next production work center.
- Effectively works with purchasing and stocking personnel and returns unused resources.
- Identifies parts to order for construction, testing, and repair of equipment.
- Assists with general office and shop initiatives as needed, helping to improve the business while controlling expenses and increasing income.
- Works closely with other project technicians, temporary technicians, subcontractors, project managers, project engineers, trade team leaders, production shop supervisor and interns in a team environment, offering technical advice, status information, and other help as needed.
- Communicates effectively with project managers and teammates regarding issues of project scope and schedule.
- Attends, contributes to, and/or leads meetings with team members, salesmen, customers, and management as needed.
- Follows company standards for construction and quality.
- Follows company safety policies.
- Promotes company safety policies to team members and subcontractors.
- Provides technical support, service, or training at customer site when needed.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Flexibility to occasionally work in other company departments when needed.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Participates and communicates new ideas and initiatives for the sheet metal team.
- Has a clear understanding of our companies Code of Ethics and Compliance and promotes our companies Culture, understands rules and policies, and follows all that apply.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years sheet metal fabrication and experience preferred. An understanding for safe and efficient operation of all equipment required, welding certification(s) are preferred but not required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license, License Preferred (e.g. Certified Welder etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires working mainly in a typical semi-conditioned shop environment and occasionally in a typical conditioned office environment. The noise level in the shop environment is usually loud. The noise level in the office environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job required in the shop, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, heavy equipment, risk of electrical shock (high voltage), and fumes or airborne particles created by welding grinding and painting activities. Occasionally, working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms, in extreme weather conditions, and in areas with vibration is possible. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and high, precarious places.