At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible.Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are looking for a strong, Quality Technician with experience working in a small, agile team. We are looking for collaborative and creative associates that thrive in a team environment, creating solutions for challenging customer driven business needs. This person must:
- Provide support to TCS team when quality issues arise to maintain production.
- Investigate and assist in any quality issues to identify root cause, raise appropriate corrective action paperwork and ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
- Maintain ETQ CARs/SCARs and Deviations
- Ensure all incidents of non-conformance are recorded in products, processes, and procedures. Developing and maintaining incoming inspection reports.
- Conduct analyses of raw materials and in-process materials, checking for quality and that they meet necessary specifications
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, validated and maintained properly and ensure safety during operation of equipment
- Carry out internal audits of other departments and workstations
- Identifying possible areas for improvement in quality control processes.
- Maintain documentation of all inspections and potential issues
- Assist with Control Plans
- Assist in the development, implementation, and documentation/training the organization in quality systems and procedures as needed.
- Production in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Updating Quality Standards and work instructions
- Compile monthly and weekly reports as directed.
- Lead problem solving to improve quality, safety and Takt attainment.
- Collect and analyze data in support of projects to reduce external failure rates, internal defect rates, reduce internal rework and improve customer satisfaction for products.
- Ensure quality and process requirements are known & followed to enable customer requirements to be fulfilled and quality objectives to be achieved.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations to ensure that quality plans are established, followed, and that processes are capable.
- Collect and communicate quality metrics, and communication of quality issues.
- Develop & lead quality related training and coaching of hourly associates.
- Conduct process audits and participate in making needed improvements.
- Supports the QMS by delivering quality products and services and meeting quality objectives
- Works to consistently meet and exceed customer requirements
- Continuously strives for operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Track and conduct analysis of field warranty part returns.
- Follow Standard Work and Escalation Plan
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, effectively present information and respond to questions
- Proficiency with creating and maintaining quality and operational documentation.
- Strong data management skills, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving- curious, logical, and methodical.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-Starting accountable individual, taking lead and ownership on addressing challenges.
- Two years of college or technical school; or four (4) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with basic lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement-based tools and techniques including but not limited to MDI, Kaizen, Continuous flow, and 5S.
- Use of Quality methods and processes in inspection.
- Work schedule flexibility.
- Strong capability with personal computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including business acumen and understanding assembly operations.
- Ability to collaborate and support various teams to achieve desired outcome.
- Skilled in blueprint reading, and thorough working knowledge of GD&T.
- Basic knowledge of parts and features which may be critical in compressor applications.
- Skilled and capable of selecting and using various measuring equipment.
- Trane Technologies Values and Core Competencies:
- Willingness to change, flex and learn
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Basic Computer Skills
- Standard Work Adherence
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.