You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you'll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Remote Florida only (Occasional meetings in Tampa, FL office)
Position Purpose: Analyze integrated and extensive datasets to extract value, which directly impacts and influences business decisions. Work collaboratively with key business stakeholders to identify areas of value, develop solutions, and deliver insights to reduce overall cost of care for members and improve their clinical outcomes.
• Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, provider, member, and encounters data. Identify and assess the business impact of trends.
• Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex scripts and reports developed using SQL, Microsoft Excel, or other analytics tools.
• Contribute to the planning and execution of large-scale projects with limited direction from leadership.
• Assist in the design, testing, and implementation of process enhancements and identify opportunities for automation.
• Identify and perform root-cause analysis of data irregularities and present findings and proposed solutions to leadership and/or customers.
• Manage multiple, variable tasks and data review processes with limited supervision within targeted timelines and thrive in a demanding, quickly changing environment.
• Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how customers interact with analytic products.
• Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners.
• Independently engage with customers and business partners to gather requirements and validate results.
• Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders, soliciting and incorporating feedback when required.
• Provide technical guidance to junior analysts.
Bachelor's degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred. 4+ years of experience working with large databases, data verification, and data management or 2+ years of IT experience. Healthcare analytics experience preferred. Working knowledge of SQL/querying languages. Preferred knowledge of programmatic coding languages such as Python and R. Knowledge of statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred. Preferred knowledge of modern business intelligence and visualization tools including Microsoft PowerBI. Preferred: Ability to write complex SQL statements to pull data from multiple relational databases, analyze output, and create meaningful financial models.
Regional and HBR Analytics
Experience in emerging trend analysis, financial modeling, claims pricing, contract/network analysis, and/or ROI evaluation preferred. Familiarity with claims payment, utilization management, provider/vendor contracts, risk adjustment for government sponsored healthcare desired.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: 112242 - Data Analyst III (Healthcare Analytics)
LOCATION: Detroit, Michigan