The purpose of Environmental Services within Beaumont Healthcare is to provide our patient and their families a clean and safe environment. An Environmental Attendant is a housekeeper performing basic cleaning tasks while interacting with patients, visitors and other Hospital staff. The following description of essential duties are intended to reflect the major responsibilities and tasks of the job, other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
1. It is essential that an Environmental Attendant be able to comfortably interact with our patients, families and visitors. Presenting with a warm smile and friendly demeanor, enabling our visitors to feel welcomed and cared for.
2. Cleans patient rooms daily. Sanitizes all vertical and horizontal surfaces, spot wash walls and windows, removes trash and linen (where required), completely cleans and sanitizes restroom, dust mop and damp mop.
3. Cleans ancillary areas such as, nurses' stations, med rooms, pantries, clean and soiled utility rooms, storage rooms, waiting rooms, locker rooms, break rooms, offices and other areas not specified.
4. Environmental Attendants will be assigned to clean specialty areas not limited to but including OR Suites, Pre Op and Post Op areas, Emergency Department, Intensive and Critical Care Units, Labor Delivery Units, Pediatric Units, Mental Health Units, Oncology, Radiology, Labs, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Geriatrics, Kitchen areas and more.
5. Environmental Attendant basic tasks include but are not limited to cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces, vacuuming, dust mopping, damp mopping, low dusting, high dusting, stocking supplies, removing trash and soiled linen, delivering clean linen (where required). Will be required to complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
6. Environmental Attendant will be required to use appropriate chemicals and guidelines when performing tasks. Attendant will be properly trained on required tasks and provided with tools to perform assigned duties.
A. Education / Training:
* Requires the ability to read and follow instructions.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
B. Work Experience:
* Able to become proficient in all aspects of the position, with Department provided training, within a timeframe of 30 days.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* None required.
D. Other Qualifications:
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.