At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Entry level position where the Compliance Education Specialist is responsible for training customers on OSHA, HIPAA, and HazCom compliance/regulations via presentations, on site facility OSHA Evaluations / HIPAA Gap Analysis and customer consultation.
Key Job Activities:
* Provide onsite services as designed to include presenting power point presentations, OSHA site evaluations and HIPAA gap analysis; Mystericycle.com system overview, completion of one safely plan and evaluations with recommendations
* Assist with managing assigned territory/book of business; company expenses (i.e. travel, hotel, flights, etc.)
* Respond to all phone calls and emails from customers to provide answers/resolutions to compliance questions and information needed to assist the customer with achieving compliance
* Possess level of technology knowledge to enable you to utilize electronic technology to deliver and complete the onsite visit and upload customer documents/reports ASAP including but not limited to power point, word, excel, etc.
* Continuously study and maintain current competency in the areas of bloodborne pathogens, OSHA, HIPAA and HazCom regulations to enhance proficiencies as well as continuing to study CDC protocols for health care workers
* Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Preferred Education: in Associates or Equivalent
Experience (North America):
* Associate's degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 2+ Years of Experience, in a healthcare environment
* Completion of 30-hour online OSHA training is required to be completed within first 6 weeks upon joining our Team; Completion of HIPAA certification at a later date upon joining our Team.
* This position requires being on-site at Stericycle customer locations and complying with all of the customers' mandatory immunization requirements, including full vaccination against COVID-19. Stericycle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local laws
* Demonstrate the ability to persist with a specific course of action. Must be willing to commit the necessary time and effort to complete work assignments and demonstrate a professional/quality job
* Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized, and diplomatic manner; ask appropriate questions in order to obtain information; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions. Present prepared information to individual and groups in a manner that is clear and concise, holds their interest and addresses their needs or concerns
* Demonstrate the ability to build sound relationships with all customers by providing open and honest communication in support of company values, maintaining sensitivity and trust, and credibility resulting in exceeding customer expectations
* Demonstrates the ability to make practical, realistic, and timely decisions after considering facts, available organizational resources, potential risks; and use reason when dealing with sensitive topics; reach out to Manager when appropriate
* Demonstrates the ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects to reach optimal results
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws. To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.