We go where others won't, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world.Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The Sr. Project manager will be responsible for overseeing, managing, and supporting various projects relative to the overall corporate goals. The Sr. Manager may be responsible for more than one project and may be charged with leading a program or programs.
The Sr. Manager will be expected to build the appropriate Project Management structure to facilitate successful execution of the project(s)/program(s) they are responsible for, including; Project Management Plan, Schedule, Budget, Human Resource Plan, Quality Plan, Implementation Plan, and other PM documents as necessary.
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for all phases of their project(s)/program(s), including; initiation, planning, execution, control and monitoring, and closing, ensuring the goals of the project and deliverables meet the company strategy and commitments.
The scope of the projects that the Sr. Manager will lead include short term, local, specific improvements to large scale, global, complex projects with cross site teams.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Lead cross functional project teams, including multi-site teams.
* Utilize Project Management body of knowledge best practices to generate project plans, risk management plans, communication plans, budgets, and timelines among other PM tools to manage projects.
* Create/maintain project scope, timelines, budgets, team, project plan and project objectives/goals.
* Facilitate project meetings, risk assessments, strategy discussions with cross functional project teams and applicable personnel, including Sr. Management and Executive Management.
* Facilitate alliance management with any and all external vendors that the projects and programs interact with.
* Provide leadership to the Lansing site and contract manufacturers in the resolution of technical issues.
* Provide project updates/reporting to Project Management Office, Site Governance, Steering Team Members, Sr. Management, and Executive Management.
* Present applicable project information at all employee meetings and Divisional review meetings.
* Provide decision support across multi-functional groups.
* Identify and secure resources for project execution and lead resolution to project resource constraints.
* Prepare/champion Process Change Proposals/Requests through appropriate channels.
* Lead inter-site best practices (technology transfer, process validation, etc.).
* Track and monitor project progress including financials, schedule, resource constraints, risks, contract status, and other appropriate project performance indicators.
* Interact with all levels of employees within the organization in alignment with our core values, with an emphasis on managing conflict between the teams (core teams and steering teams).
* Work with the PMO and Executive Management to build long term plans, strategy, and budget as needed.
* Provide coaching, training, and mentoring to other project managers and to other Emergent staff involved in project delivery as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or other science related field preferred, Business Degree with relevant experience in Pharma acceptable.
* 5+ years project management experience and training, managing projects through all phases of the project lifecycle.
* PMP Certification recommended.
* Experience with Lean manufacturing principles.
* Biopharmaceutical experience; preferably with familiarity/experience with technical development, transfer, Quality Systems, and Regulatory interactions..
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization, including senior internal and/or external personnel on matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Strong leadership and facilitation skills.
* Fluent in project management tools (MS Projects, Project Server).
* Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated technical and industry-specific expertise in areas of process validation and production of a biopharmaceutical product.
* Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure.
* Ability to develop solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity, innovation, and creativity.
* Capable of working independently and multi-tasking.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This... For full info follow application link.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.