Responsible for the coordination and monitoring of patient transport activities with shift responsibility and accountability for the Patient Transportation Department. Coordinates staff activities including completing shift assignments and interacts regularly with nursing units and ancillary departments. Assists the Manager with responsibility for maintaining and working within department budget, following policies and procedures, providing training programs to direct care staff. Supervisor assists with quality improvement programs/projects to ensure safe and timely transportation of patients throughout the hospital. Reports to Manager, Technical & QA or Director, EVS.
1. Supports unit/department goals and objectives as a shift leader consistent with organizational goals. Operates within unit departmental budgets, utilizes human resources as appropriate to meet demands of the hospital and its patients. Supports patient safety/quality projects. Provides shift assessment of departmental needs and coordinates operations. Monitors and shares quality and productivity metrics with personnel, ensuring expectations are understood and met.
2. Meets regularly with manager, personnel, visible on unit(s). Collaborates and provides feedback in timely manner with other patient care departments. Interactions with patients/families and hospital staff. Exhibit behavior reflective of the hospital/department mission and standards.
3. Delivers excellent customer services by exhibiting courtesy, direction, image, introduction, dignity, comfort, information, response, confidentiality and teamwork as defined in the customer service standard.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by the manager to meet the needs/objectives of the department.
5. May participate in staff meetings and in-services, as well as quality and safety activities in manager's absence or in combination with the manager.
6. Conveys information completely and in a timely manner.
7. Reports any change in condition of the patient to the Registered Nurse
8. Effectively interacts with others.
9. Provides a safe environment of care and recognize safety risk considerations for each age group served.
10. Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions of community served.
11. Demonstrates and is observed to possess knowledge of patient rights, advance directives and ethical issues.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
A. Education / Training: Associate degree preferred and/or 2 years healthcare leadership experience. Knowledge of proper body mechanics, lifting techniques, and various computer systems.
B. Work Experience: Demonstrated proficiency in current Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook) with the capability to master company specific software and databases and other business software.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration: None
D. Other Qualifications: Excellent communication skills and organizational skills. Ability to maintain professionalism and maturity in stressful situations.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.