Business Development Leader - Medical
At DornerWorks, our Business Development team is positioned as growth experts for our clients, guiding them to grow their businesses and product lines with our engineering services and products. Transactional sales doesn’t help—we focus on the long-term for our clients, which in turn helps DornerWorks long-term business growth as well. Today’s need is to help grow our clients in the connected medical devices segment. If that sounds right for you, we want you to join our team as a Business Development Leader.
When we’re successful, we approach sales and business development as a problem-solving mission—as a way to help our clients make great decisions about technology engineering services. We’re in business to help our clients succeed through innovation with technology, and our path forward includes building and growing strong relationships with clients in the connected medical devices segment by hunting for clients that align with the business strategy of our Medical group.
As a Business Development Leader at DornerWorks, you will be responsible for results:
- Discover new business opportunities related to medical device makers. Hunt for clients primarily in that market; figure out where their community is; build long-term trusting relationships and partnerships; show thought leadership in cooperation with our engineering teams; help create compelling marketing content that communicates with this audience. Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as opportunities.
- Connect with prospective clients and shape opportunities. Set up meetings or calls with prospective clients. You will learn the client’s perspective and discover their needs and pain points, then match the benefits of our engineering solutions to solve those problems.
- Develop winning proposals. You will help create and present effective proposals that delight the client because it shows how their problem will be solved. Respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Be accountable for results. Monitor and report on sales performance analytics regularly. We will expect individualized business development plans that share goals, strategies, activities, and obstacles.
- Be creative. You will use your creativity to cultivate relationships, follow hunches, explore opportunities, and serve clients that we didn’t anticipate. Suggest innovative ideas to increase business opportunities and improve customer experience.
- Work with the team. Don’t work alone—we have a diverse team that can help you do your job. Our team will help you stay up to date with new features and product launches.
We would expect you to bring skills like these to our company:
- Detailed understanding of electronic medical device makers and the things they care about.
- Strong communication skills to understand client needs through listening and for making effective sales presentations.
- Effective relationship-building skills for developing internal and external working relationships and with proven ability to positively influence others.
- Analytical and time-management skills
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Teams and Office and CRM/automation tools.
What we expect from you:
- A proven track record of achieving revenue targets in business development or sales.
- Show the DornerWorks key characteristics of being service-oriented, ownership minded, and innovative.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to electronics, embedded software, or sales.
- Prior experience with engineering services is preferred.
- Some amount of business travel is to be expected, up to 25-50% of your time.
- Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
What DornerWorks has for you:
- Diverse, engaging, collaborative and challenging work.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with a quarterly bonus opportunity
- Flex Fridays – you want an extra 26 days off? Compressed work week, with the opportunity to take every other Friday off and flexible hours.
- Healthy work/life balance. At DornerWorks it’s not just an empty slogan; it is one of our core values.
- Organized social events, both onsite and virtual. We promise you’ll have fun!
- Supportive team – not a cut throat environment but supportive and encouraging.
- Continuous learning opportunities.
- Work location flexibility: our policy is to be flexible on where you work: mostly at home, mostly at our offices, or some combination thereof.
If this sounds like a match for you, please apply for this position. If you join us, you will enjoy the chase again. You will help us explore exciting new business and solve problems for our clients. And you will make a big impact for DornerWorks and our entire team.
Learn more about DornerWorks and our culture from our website at www.DornerWorks.com. Learn more about the great city of Grand Rapids and the natural splendor of West Michigan at: https://hellowestmichigan.com/our-communities/grand-rapids/
DornerWorks believes a diverse workplace yields better ideas and outcomes and we are committed to promoting diversity of experience, perspectives, and capabilities. Each individual makes a unique contribution to our company. We recognize that diversity is critical to our success. DornerWorks proudly supports a culture of inclusion that encourages a work environment that honors diverse opinions. Employees can thrive here, and know their individual skills, abilities and viewpoints are honored.
DornerWorks is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
This facility operates under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and therefore, any person hired must demonstrate with verifiable documentation that they are either: (i) a U.S. Citizen; (ii) an active Green Card Holder; or (iii) a “Protected Person” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324 (b)(a)(3).