Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Welding Technician 2 learns to develop and modify existing and upcoming programs and processes on robotic welding, automatic, and semi-automatic welding systems in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree in Welding Technology (or a related field) or completion of a college-based or apprenticeship-based Welding program or Welding Certification
- Strong understanding of welding fundamentals with practical welding experience, desired
- Ability to troubleshoot automated welding applications
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance (PM) on weld fixtures, weld cells, and auxiliary equipment
- Proficiency with interpreting part prints and welding codes/specifications.
- Ability to interpret CMM layouts or possess the willingness to learn.
Standard Work/Welding Programing:
- Create, modify and document Fanuc welding and resistance programs while consistently maintaining the essential welding parameters. Create as necessary the weld data, torch angles, “stick-out”, starting techniques, and other robotic/welding variables.
- Create, modify and document programs for Fronuis and Lincoln welding equipment to produce welds that meet the customer’s code/specification stated on the print.
- Create, modify and document programs for endforming equipment/tooling (sizers) to produce parts that meet gage or CMM requirements.
- Create, modify and document programs for leak testing equipment/tooling to produce parts that meet the required leak rates.
- Document and maintain welding parameters on the Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) with the assistance of the Welding Engineer.
- Validate process parameters and enter system deviations when applicable.
- Analyze and determine proper weld sequence for cycle time and part dimensional improvements to reduce cycle time and ensure part consistency.
- Read and interpret welding codes/specifications stated on part prints to ensure quality of parts.
- Interpret weld cross sections, and etching samples and take appropriate corrective action.
- Manual weld as needed to support production.
- Set-up and verify error proofing according to instructions.
- Analyze gage and CMM data to adjust weld fixture details to produce parts that meet dimensional requirements.
- Assist and train operators and welders in determining weld quality using calipers, visual inspection, and destruct tests.
- Oversee weld department in the team leader’s absence.
- Provide leadership and technical support for 5S and lean objectives.
- Assist in departmental measurable goals relating to customer concerns, cost of quality, cost savings, safety, and on-time PPAP’s
Preventative Maintenance (PM):
- Assist the Welding Engineer in data collection for continuous improvement activities.
- Support Tool Room on preventative maintenance (PM) per the instructions on weld fixture.
- Perform PM’s on weld cells and auxiliary equipment.
- Provide suggestions to continuously improve the preventative maintenance schedules.
- Provide assistance in the design, build, installation, and start up of weld cells/fixtures, size machine/tools, leak test machine/tools, and all auxiliary equipment.
- Complete equipment changeovers according to the changeover instructions for weld fixtures, size tools, leak test tools, poka yokes, and all auxiliary equipment.
- Utilize EAM to document time spent on CM’s and PM’s.
- Set-up and troubleshoot automated welding applications.
- Provide assistance to error proofing processes through 8D problem solving.
- Support “End of Runs”, by working with both Tool Room and Machine Operators to identify and address any issues during each run.
- Maintain weld equipment and processes to OSHA, MIOSHA, and Pridgeon & Clay standards.
- Create programs for Fanuc Systems
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within