Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The CNC Operator / Programmer Tier 2 creates and modifies CNC programs and operates machines to meet and exceed efficiency goals and to produce parts to meet customer expectations in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Tooling & Manufacturing (or similar program); or completion of a college-based or apprenticeship-based Tool & Die or Technician program or certificate; or a minimum of 10 years of skilled experience in tooling and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Programming
- Ability to train, teach, and assess other CNC Programmer trainees in the Career Path program, working well and leading and mentoring in a team environment
- Experience in the prototype or tool & die trade, specifically programming, setting up and running tooling
- Skilled in machine shop and machining operations
- Proven ability to assist with managing projects and resources effectively, including detailed documentation on tooling issues and component prints
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to pass written and practical tests to obtain company forklift/hi-lo and crane license
- Proven mechanical inclination, general math and manufacturing knowledge, and trouble-shooting skills through standardized assessments
- Computer literacy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Cannot have a pacemaker
- An excellent work record, including attendance
Preventative Maintenance/Standard Work:
- Utilize proper feed rates for programming cutter paths, per steel type and geometry, for incoming work.
- Maintain stock in CNC tooling crib with proper cutters and other supplies.
- Record daily work performed and hours in Electronic Asset Management (EAM); review daily work center schedule to ensure projects are completed on time, reporting any significant challenges to management.
- Assist and train other CNC Programmers to ensure all preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed on time, per management’s requirements; perform general preventative maintenance of machines (e.g., changing oils, fluids, filters, and coolant) and maintain documentation.
- Assist in outsourcing work to outside machine shops during overflow situations, and monitor timing and scheduling to ensure jobs are completed on time; order die steels to ensure on-time delivery based on cutting and customer schedules; schedule incoming work and establish due dates based on customer requirements.
- Cross-train on other prototyping equipment and processes, including the Turret Press, CO2 Laser, Fiber Laser, CNC Machines, and Welding.
- Program offline using MasterCam and Solidworks software to operate 2D/3D CNC work centers.
- Operate 2D/3D work centers.
- Troubleshoot and repair programs and machining issues as necessary.
- Ensure the Computer Aided Design (CAD) data matches the print. Create new CAD data as needed to match print.
Shift Premium: $3.50/hour
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within