Do you have a hunger to lead, guide, develop, and coach others? Join us at the Grand Rapids Bakery as a Cross Functional Front Line Supervisor where you will grow your career and the career of others. At this Bakery we proudly produce millions of Pop-Tarts everyday! For a limited time, we have openings on all 3 shifts.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the day to day manufacturing operations and providing direction to Production Associates. You will be working in multiple areas between Sanitation, Operations, and Maintenance.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Employee/Plant Support – you will be leading all activities on your assigned shift working toward implementing goals, schedules (production, maintenance, sanitation) while using your customer service skills
- Setting the Pace – Establish work plans that support and improve plant equipment reliability. Because of your organizational skills and strategic thinking, we’ll drive toward the future with confidence.
- Continuous Improvement – we could not do it without your owner’s mindset, and all of the acronyms that come with continuous improvement, 5S, RCA and Lean
- Safety First – our values are important to us, our People Safety and Food Safety are two of them. Having a “safety first” attitude is an ingredient for success
- Taking the Leading - Observing and directing work in the plant. Including equipment LOTO, disassembly, cleaning, and sanitizing. Coordinating across departments to utilize reallocate Production Associates to maximize efficiency.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing safety and/or quality programs & processes
- High School Diploma or GED with substantial related proven leadership and supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing requests while maintaining a culture of accountability and execution
- Strong technical aptitude along with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in the Food & Beverage industry
- Food safety experience
- Machine Maintenance experience
- BS/BA and significant related experience
- Experience in a union environment
- Experience with SAP
- Sense of humor & love for Pop-Tarts