Networks Northwest and the Northwest Michigan Small Business Development Center (MI-SBDC) are seeking a creative and passionate business minded individual to fill the part-time position of Intake Consultant/Administrative Support Specialist. Competitive candidates will possess the skills, abilities and experience necessary to serve as the first point of contact with new and returning clients, evaluating their next steps, and referring appropriately for consultation, training, or other referral, as well as provide administrative support to the regional team of business consultants and regional director.
The MI-SBDC is a recognized leader in providing counseling, training, and market research to assist small businesses to launch, transition, innovate and grow in northwest Lower Michigan. To learn more visit: www.michigansbdc.org
Networks Northwest is a regional economic development agency that connects businesses, people, and communities. Our mission is to build stronger communities and enhance the quality of life in Northwest Michigan. To learn more visit: www.networksnorthwest.org
This position will incorporate all aspects of small business consulting work. While the ability to work autonomously and manage an individual portfolio of customers is required, there is a team atmosphere within the Northwest MI-SBDC and consultants will have both support and assistance from a dynamic group of business professionals.
- Making the best 'first impression' with our new customers
- Conduct triage process and intake sessions with all new regional clients; determine next steps for incoming clients – training, consulting, or referral to partner programs
- Assist in marketing activities including digital communications and print materials, in conjunction with host communications team and state lead center
- Coordinate training logistics and other events sponsored by regional office
Other Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associate's degree with a business major or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong people skills and a desire to interface with public required
- Basic understanding of marketing and use of social media
- Excellent communicator both written and spoken; ability to present in front of small audiences
- Knowledge of and demonstrated skill using multiple computer-based interfaces, such as MS Office Suite, Skype, GoToMeeting, Trello, Slack, Constant Contact, and other social media platforms. CRM database, a plus.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
The position will be located in Traverse City and will require some travel within the ten-county region as well as out of the Northwest region. This part-time position is entitled to both sick and vacation time. Networks Northwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.