Summary/Objective: Service commercial, institutional, and Industrial clients. Job duties include installing new cable systems, troubleshooting current systems, and repairing voice and data cables when necessary. Improving upon existing installation and troubleshooting procedures, as well as monitoring and troubleshooting networks and server infrastructure, installing network cabling, hardware, and software, and handling backup and restoring processes for critical systems.
We prefer candidates who have at least one year of professional experience, but we are willing to train the right person.
- Essential Functions:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing cable infrastructure.
- Performing maintenance on existing cabling systems.
- Testing newly installed or relocated cables according to company specifications.
- Identifying and removing redundant cabling.
- Installing of televisions, routers and internet technology devices.
- Troubleshooting issues with cable network.
- Installing of cable support structures such as j-hooks, cable racks, and innerduct.
- Repairing cable poles and towers.
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations.
- Completing paperwork such as timesheets, checklists, inspection reports, and service orders.
- Applies established procedures in testing every newly installed or relocated cable
- Experience with installing ladder racks and cable tray and working in MDF/IDF environments.
- Knowledge of labeling, pulling, and dressing category 3, category 5e, category 6 and fiber optic, and previous wiring or data experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record
- Strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge of NFPA standards a plus (including 70 and 72)
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have excellent organizational, strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Professional appearance
- Able to pass background check and drug screen
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Be able to differentiate between conductor cable colors
- BICSI certifications.
Work Environment: Employee will be required to go to active job sites which may be under construction. Accordingly, employee may be exposed to outdoor conditions, uneven ground, and other construction site conditions. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team is required of networking cabling technicians.
Physical Demands: The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, be able to climb ladders up to 25 feet tall and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.