RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. Renk America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community.
Master Electrician Job Description:
Install, maintain and repair all types of electrical and electronic equipment with a constant focus on improving equipment reliability. Master Electricians license to be utilized by RENK-America. Work with Apprenticeship program for Electrical Journeyman.
- Adhere to all MIOSHA and NECA safety regulations.
- Obtain necessary permits with Muskegon County or any other regulatory entity using their Master Electrician’s license.
- Install, maintain and repair all types of electrical and electronic equipment with a constant focus on improving equipment reliability.
- Inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust, maintain and make necessary test on all high voltage and low voltage utility systems, equipment, transformers, switchgear and distribution systems.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters ad voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of systems.
- Install conduit, piping, wiring, and apparatus for maintenance of electrical utilities.
- Diagnoses complex equipment failures, troubleshoots for root cause and develops solutions utilizing a scientific approach with at a minimum the following tools prints, sketches manuals diagnostic equipment etc. coupled with machinery knowledge and common sense in an efficient and timely manner
- Install and service VFD’s, fuse blocks, fuses, relays and other electrical field devices
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters ad voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of systems
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace malfunctioning motors, motor controls and disconnects.
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace contactors, relays, limit switches, momentary switches, etc.
- Safely troubleshoots, operators and repairs as necessary complex equipment including Process Logic Controller systems
- Applies knowledge of electrical control, electronic systems, process controllers, industrial instrumentation and combustion systems.
- Completes work in a timely manner, often without direct supervision. Ability to organize work for maximum efficiency. Ability to adjust work priorities based on plant needs and business requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Journeyman Master Electrician or be able to obtain a UAW Card within the first 90 days of employment
- Maintain an active Master Electrician license
- Must have Industrial experience, including knowledge in motor control, relay logic, PLC logic and computer based motor and process control system
- Must be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Must be able to lift up to and including 50 lbs. and must be able to bend and lift
- This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends
- Demonstrated personal leadership and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.