RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. Renk America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community.
Machine Repair Technician Job Description:
The Machine Repair Technician will have an extensive understanding of mechanical and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with hydraulic and mechanical components. This is a union position with starting pay of $31.21 per hour plus a 7% shift premium.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all Manual and CNC machine tool equipment
- Use schematic diagrams to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Utilize machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Identify necessary spare parts lists for equipment and ensures inventory levels are maintained
- Ensure proper documentation is completed and submitted in regards to status of machine issues and repairs
- Promote and perform preventative maintenance on all machine tool equipment per schedules and procedures
- Complete maintenance reports and logs to tasks performed
- Conduct technical and machine recovery support for production
- Instruct co-workers (maintenance staff and production operators) on proper and safe operations of equipment as needed
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as stated in various safety-related training programs: this includes but is not limited to, lockout/tag out, electrical code safe practices and confined space entry programs
- Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel
- Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- May perform other related assignments as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Journeyman Machine Repair or be able to obtain a UAW Card within the first 90 days of employment
- Willing to consider applicants with five years’ experience in Machine Repair and three years in Machine build, Service and/or Maintenance
- Willing to consider candidates that who have completed an Apprenticeship Training course equal to 8000 in Machine repair hours and 4 years of relevant experience
- Must have troubleshooting experience with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and electronic components (motors, ball screws, spindle heads, gearboxes, pumps, cylinder, and hose)
- Must have knowledge & experience in Laser Alignment and Calibration of machines
- Must have the ability to operate mature machines and systems
- Possess and maintain an in-depth knowledge of machine tools.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and be able to analyze all aspects of a situation, identify potential solutions and implement the best solution in a timely manner
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- This position requires flexible hours, including overtime and occasionally working weekends
- Must be eligible to obtain a Security Clearance
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.