RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. Renk America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community.
CNC Electrician Job Description:
This position will troubleshoot, maintain and repair CNC Machines, controls and related electronics. Union position with a starting wage of $31.21 per hour plus a 14% shift premium.
- Maintain and repair CNC machines, controls and related electronics
- Perform preventative maintenance on machine controls, motors, scales, readout devices
- Assist other trades
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as stated in various safety-related training programs: this includes but is not limited to, lockout/tag out, electrical code safe practices and confined space entry programs
- Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel
- Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Perform various miscellaneous tasks
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a Journeyman Industrial CNC Electrician and be able to obtain a UAW Card within the first 90 days of employment
- Willing to consider applicants with five years’ experience in Industrial CNC Repair and three years in Service and/or Maintenance
- Willing to consider candidates that who have completed an Apprenticeship Training course as Industrial Electrician.
- Completion of bon-a-fide apprenticeship program or 8 years of documented experience from former employer of related work experience. (Must be on company letterhead with notarized stamp and HR signature)
- Must have knowledge of electronic/electrical trouble shooting methods and repair of CNC manufacturing equipment
- Must be able to read and understand schematics diagrams and drawings for all types of electronic/electrical equipment
- Must be able to diagnose equipment failures to the board level
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.