RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. Renk America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community.
The Lead Business Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Lead Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This role is expected to interface between IT and business partners on or across large projects, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments both strategic and tactical with minimal oversight.
- Builds relationships with business areas by using strategic account management skills: research, listening, effective communication, and presentation
- Influences business areas’ understanding of their own business processes, identifies new opportunities, challenges the status quo, and helps develop recommendations for using IT to improve business process productivity.
- Identifies, quantifies, and verbalizes the business value created from the investments made in IT products and services
- Provides subject-matter expertise to accurately translate business processes, which may span business areas into technical terms, and vice versa.
- Focuses on macro-level process improvements/reengineering efforts
- Ensures “people ready” issues (communication, training, organizational change, content management) are addressed during deployments
- Assists IT leaders in addressing and escalating project issues.
- Provides Project and Program Management Body Of Knowledge across large complex initiatives
- Leverages knowledge of the business, IT portfolio, and architectural standards to provide input to the IT strategy and business plan.
- Influences changes to IT standards to meet evolving business, industry, and regulatory compliance directions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Systems Information or related education with minimum 9+ years preferred, or 7+ years’ experience required with a Master’s Degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer applications and IT area and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- High level knowledge of business analysis, risk assessment, business processes, and project management.
- Moderate level knowledge of system architect, service management, quality, testing, requirements, and portfolio & finance management.
- Ability to manage large complex project initiatives with minimal direction and oversite.
- Solid understanding of IT operations, development methodologies, web application design and development, and databases required.
- PL/SQL, SQL, Visual Basic, .Net or development experience in other object orientated development languages required.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts, function, and formats required.
- Experience with multiple manufacturing application systems including: ERP systems, financial systems, manufacturing floor environments, supply chain, labor collection, engineering, and time & attendance applications.
- SQL Server and/or Oracle database experience desired.
- Experience with Infor Visual Enterprise ERP or other top tier ERP systems required.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without accommodation throughout the manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to determine and define priorities and work independently to achieve team and customer requirements
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.