RENK America is the new name for the previously known as L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems. RENK America is a US company and the leading global supplier of best-in-class mobility solutions for military combat vehicles. As part of the RENK Group, we are the trusted authority leading the way in the innovation, development and manufacturing of reliable engines and transmissions. Headquartered in Muskegon, Michigan, a hardworking city with a proud manufacturing history, we employ over 350 team members, many of whom have served our country as former soldiers. RENK America is driven by this sense of pride and purpose in our country and our community. We are seeking a Director, Business Development to help RENK America expand it's role specifically with the US Department of Defense. This position can be done remotely.
As the Director, Business Development, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing business development opportunities to address customer needs utilizing our capabilities within both RENK America and the RENK Group. You will be tasked with identifying markets, shaping opportunities, assessing the competitive landscape, developing businesses cases and customer capture plans. You'll be tasked with consistently driving and demonstrating the ability to lead and support proposal efforts for new product development. Success will be critical on building focused relationships with customers and/or the Government that promote collaboration and cooperative programs to best support RENK America growth strategies. You'll be responsible for completing economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities and/or business models while coordinating with internal departments in identifying/implementing business development projects.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Supporting the RENK America business plan by ensuring that the annual business plan orders target is either met or exceeded.
- Being well versed in combat mobility solutions (engines, transmissions, final drives, suspension systems, and system integration) to effectively engage with customer business, technical, and programs teams.
- Shaping the strategy between RENK America and RENK Group regarding technology and manufacturing collaboration to grow the US market.
- Proven knowledge of the pursuit cycle: influence, capture intelligence, communicate, understand environment, communicate winning strategy/solution, establish 'Price to Win', assist with business case, respond, follow up, and close.
- Direct marketing/sales activities of products and/or services to government agencies or private firms doing business with the government.
- Understanding the US DoD budgeting process and being able to effectively influence requirements.
- Develop short- and long-term objectives aligned with the organization and communicate goals to upper management.
- Acts as an executive advisor to the General Manager on status or action required in connection with existing and potential business opportunities.
- Understanding your internal customers, the Programs and Operations groups, and being a key contributor to their business success.
- Intune to developments in the government, military, and international fields as they apply to the organization's future marketing plans.
- Effectively position RENK America within the market by analyzing competitor's prices, sales, and method of operation
- Be active in the market searching for business opportunities, maintains surveillance and with the ability to perform financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
- Ability prepare acquisition proposals, and recommend strategic objectives and alternatives and implement and maintain strategic and operational plans.
- Plan, coordinate and execute business reviews, strategic planning exercises, resource planning, budgetary analysis, and opportunity mapping.
- Up to date with industry knowledge by performing competitive market intelligence to understand the execution strategies of Prime Contractors and competitors.
- Own and maintain the capture process effectiveness measures and instill a winning culture within BD and the organization.
- Uphold a high ethical standard with all business dealings concerning the company.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 50% domestic and infrequent international.
- A team-oriented attitude and ability to perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in a customer facing, leadership role within a global organization with the DoD and Defense prime Contractors as a primary customer. Direct Military Experience at a leadership level is preferred. 13+ years of experience with a Master's degree.
- A proven track record of building customer and industry relationships.
- Professional experience or background in military track or wheeled vehicle market.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Capability to think strategically and execute tactically using integrative thinking skills with a strong foundation in data driven problem solving.
- Depth and breadth in business acumen across the major functional disciplines including Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Marketing and Sales
- Well versed in proposal creation, contract execution and FARs/DFARS.
- Previously held security clearance preferred. Ability to get security clearance required.
Must be able to move freely, with or without accommodation, throughout the manufacturing environment.
RENK America is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. RENK America is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. RENK America maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.