School Program Nurse
Position Type: Grant funded / Full-time
(possible reduced days/hours in the summer - will be assessed on an annual basis)
School Location: Marquette Elementary
Hackley Community Care (HCC) is a mission-driven organization that embraces company values and recognizes staff as individuals making their own unique contributions.? HCC is seeking a highly self-motivated individual with excellent patient and nursing skills.???This person will be responsible for coordinating the care of patients (students) across a continuum of care, ensuring, and facilitating the achievement of quality students’ outcomes and program goals and objectives. This person will also provide evidence-based education to students and train staff on various health related topics.
In addition, the School Program Nurse will:
- Act as an advocate for patient's health care needs.
- Work cooperatively to carryout HCC goals and objectives in accordance with established plans, policies, and procedures.
- Under the guidance of SBH Clinical Lead RN, identifies and coordinates changes in practice patterns and treatment to promote best practices at the SWP site as well as the SBH department
- Participate in pertinent site related committees, workgroups, and outreach initiatives to ensure needed services are being offered
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program.
- ?Current active license to practice as a nurse in the State of Michigan.
- BLS certified.
- Ability and passion to work with children.
- Three or more years of clinical experience preferred.
- Professional and accurate written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Proficient in computers and EHR software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy in work.
Benefits and Perks:
Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and other insurances
Paid time off