Position Summary – CNC Programmer / Machinist
Currently seeking experienced CNC Programmer or Machinist for an opportunity with a leader in custom contract manufacturing from single components and OEM parts and subassemblies to complete manufacturing and engineering capabilities and services.
- Able to create tool paths and operate CNC equipment from product data to produce die components in accordance with instructions.
- Understands blueprints of product, die and checking fixture to visualize shape, mechanical structure and operation of tools and checking method.
- Create tool paths from product data and die design inputs. Create process sheet to instruct method of manufacture (including CNC sequence of tools) and drawing for preparatory requirements.
- Documents work in an orderly fashion. Data and tool parts are stored in an organized directory tree in accordance with Plant Manager instructions.
- Requests materials and resources with sufficient lead time to maintain planned schedule.
- Set up and operate machine tools (lathe, mill, grinder, saw, drill press) in a safe manner minimizing material and time waste.
- Set up and operate CNC equipment in a safe manner. A detailed instruction list will be provided for correct ATL offsets.
- For the estimating department: Data Overlays, Provides Overlays to Engineering, Sends out Data for Quotes and Fast Blanks.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as described by the supervisor/manager.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in machining, methodizing, and/or CNC programming.
- Ability to make decisions based on upon data trending and intuition. (Required)
- Must possess problem-solving skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at troubleshooting and resolving mechanical or logistical problems that arise.
- Good computer and mathematical skills.
Paid time off/ 10 Paid holidays/ 100% Paid tuition, fees, and books/ Paid life insurance/ 401(k) match
ACEMCO Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.