PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Employees being considered for this position must be self-starters, proactive in decision making, and capable of working with minimal supervision.
· Suggest improvements to manufacturing methods related to tube bending, fixture development, & welding processes.
· Willingness to work with Supervision, be available for overtime work in support of production requirements.
- Ability to maintain 5S and TPM disciplines throughout the Tube Bending area, which includes:
o Maintaining dies using cleaning processes, keep areas of bender clean & organized.
o Prompt disposition of all suspect straight and bent tubes; Ensuring all tools are properly stored/maintained
- Demonstrate the ability to train necessary tube bending process requirements to operators successfully.
- Confer with Operations personnel, Maintenance, Quality, and Engineers evaluations according to specified quality standards. Work with tooling/maintenance to recommend improvements to equipment & tooling.
- Troubleshooting of production and quality issues as they develop.
- Support production in their daily machine utilization goals
- Review overall processes and make equipment adjustments and improvements to help the operation’s team meet their goals. Includes:
- Pallet & Multiple Die change-over, use of Tools in changeovers, sensor replacements, and adjustments
- Investigate machine problems and faults
- Communicate machine breakdowns & quality issues to Maintenance and Engineering
- Require working knowledge of geometric features to develop tube form
- Maintain hi-lo license - safe use of hi-lo, die to lift & strapping
- Develop action plans or contingencies for line stoppage and repair plans as well as work with and make recommendations to the maintenance team to support uptime goals.
- Work with the quality personnel to understand and identify root cause issues and implement plans to reduce future risk. Making improvement recommendations based on statistical data.
- Determine and implement edit changes to ensure part fits all FML Piece requirements. Require working math knowledge to determine length, rotational, angle, and bend values.
- Fill out required Job Setup and First Piece/Last Piece Sheets. Participate in and maintain all TPM initiatives.
- Maintain proper hydraulic fluid levels. Fill if low. Fully understand all product quality gauges.
- No Work Rule written warnings within the last 6 months; i.e. written warning for quality, safety, etc.
- If selected, must remain in the role for a minimum of ONE year before pursuing other production positions, unless business needs change or performance becomes a concern
- Employees will interview for the Tube Bending Position
- Not all applicants will be interviewed; interviewees will be selected on skill, qualifications, and experience.
- Engages in safe practices, follows safety rules and job rotation. Must be willing to report unsafe conditions reporting unsafe acts, participating in safety/ergonomic committees, participating in safety Kaizen events, participating in observation feedback events.
Assist the plant in achieving safety goals while achieving and maintaining Safe Workplace, Environmental, and Sustainability AMS objectives.