APPRENTICESHIP SUCCESS COORDINATOR
Serving Arenac, Clare, Gladwin, Iosco, Ogemaw, and Roscommon Counties
The Apprenticeship Success Coordinator will provide apprenticeship development and implementation services for employers across all industry sectors. This position collaborates with the Business Services team, academic partners, Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship and other external partners as necessary.
This position is the perfect fit for someone who likes to problem solve, think creatively, enjoys working independently, as well as being part of a great team! The Apprenticeship Success Coordinator ensures employers' apprenticeship needs are addressed by coordinating apprenticeship services. Apprenticeship services may include, but are not limited to: coordinating meetings with the Office of Apprenticeship, providing support to employers to streamline the process of creating an apprenticeship, working with employers to maximize workforce funding for apprenticeships, working as a cohesive part of the Business Services team, aiding in the administration of and maintaining required documentation for apprenticeship grants, educating and promoting apprenticeships throughout the Michigan Works! Region 7B area and working with other Michigan Works!, State, and Federal partners to ensure the success of apprenticeship in Michigan.
Position Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and public speaking
- Ability to problem-solve and seek unique solutions
- Planning and facilitating skills
- Conflict resolution; ability to handle customer complaints in a professional manner
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret (reports, regulations, periodicals). Write (reports, business correspondence, speeches and manuals). Present information and respond to questions.
- Time management; Ability to multi task and prioritize duties
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience as an apprentice or journeyman, preferred; experience in workforce development and apprenticeship creation or as intermediary, preferred. Experience in sales, management or education is helpful.